the NC twitterverse weighs in
If I may…what?
if u live in NC
you need to get yo people, they makin u look so bad
has this women ever even BEEN to a wedding? that shit doesn’t come cheap
can you imagine how much money would be injected into the economy if gay marriage was suddenly legalized everywhere?
Aren’t statisticians always complaining that the lack of couples getting married, buying homes, and starting families is one of the factors doing in the economy? Or do only straight people money and families count?
^Uh, THAT. RIGHT THERE.
I agree with so much of this. And I’m from NC. I’m against the Amendment and hope it’s repealed. It’s so much more than the right to marry and it sickens me what people voted on. Basically:
- Domestic violence laws protecting people in an unmarried partnerships might be weakened (also protection orders could be weakened or dismissed in any relationship (like teenage relationships) and also affect the kids of the relationship and the protection for them could be weakened if not dismissed).
- Unmarried parents could no longer have the same child custody and visitation rights as married parents (also this could affect single parents even if they were married at one point).
- Private agreements between unmarried couples might not longer have a legal basis
- The law could interfere with unmarried partners’ end-of-life arrangements, such as wills, trusts, and medical powers of attorney.
- Employers would no longer have to provide benefits, such as health insurance, to the partners of unmarried employees.
It’s basically gonna fuck up a lot of shit.